The OC&C Global 50 2022
Welcome to the new abnormalMonday, 10 October 2022
Now in its 20th year, the annual OC&C Global 50 report deep dives into the world’s 50 largest FMCG businesses.
Following turbulent times during the first year of the pandemic, it’s a sector that has seen a spectacular rebound, with aggregate growth at 9.3% in 2021.
Here we look at how business performance has impacted the leader board rankings, discuss key trends set to impact the future, and share four recommendations the sector can take from the FMCG giants.
We also shine the spotlight on our five top-pick performers; Pepsi, Mengniu, Marfrig, Hormel and L'Oréal.
With ongoing volatility likely to continue over the next 12-24 months, it will be imperative for businesses to continue keeping their finger on the pulse, adapting to external factors, whilst building resilience across all aspects of the business. Those that do can seize opportunities for growth.
Right now, there are five questions all FMCG business leaders should be asking themselves.
1. What changes should you make to your portfolio to strike the right balance of growth vs risk?
2. Where should you place big bets within your portfolio to make sure your key brands are set up for success?
3. How should you adapt your supply chain and operating model to make it more resilient and flexible without losing control of costs?
4. How can you evolve your business model to deliver against ESG commitments, while still driving growth and profitability?
5. What is the right strategy for your business to optimise performance as and when input prices come down?
If you would like help answering these questions, or if you would like to find out more about the OC&C FMCG Global 50, our team would be delighted to hear from you.
Contact our Consumer Goods team: email@example.com
Emily Andrews, Associate PartnerRead Publication