Associate Consultant - Analytics (Shanghai office) application
The primary role of an Associate Consultant is to support the delivery of strategic advice to clients; to provide professional advice to the senior management of major international corporations; deliver the analytic modules assigned which involves various data gathering, analysis and interpretation of the results.
The analytics practice is a key source of the strategic advice we provide to senior client management. As our clients' data is becoming increasingly big and complicated, the need for high quality statistical analysis is growing rapidly. OC&C is regularly tasked with problems where the answers are hidden in large, messy and complex data sets such as transaction data, customer-behaviour data and web data. The analytics practice works in teams alongside our strategy colleagues to unearth insights, identify recommendations and communicate them persuasively to our clients. Analytics is therefore an increasingly important part of what OC&C does and growing rapidly as a practice
As part of the analytics team, you can expect to work both with other technical experts as well as with the strategy team. You will need to be interested in solving strategic problems for our clients, which means pragmatic solutions on strategy consulting timescales. Project lengths are 2-12 weeks, so you will encounter a great variety of problems in different sectors. You will be in a supportive environment, where everyone is pulling together to deliver a great answer in the most efficient way possible. You will rapidly develop your commercial skills and become expert in the deploying advanced analytics in a pragmatic way that is sensitive to the data challenges faced by most businesses today.
The analytics team is growing fast and looking to recruit smart graduates. We offer market-leading remuneration and rapid career development to individuals keen to get stuck in. We are looking for candidates able to demonstrate excellence in the following areas:
- Undergraduate or postgraduate Degree in Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or another quantitative field (Undergraduate degree First or Upper Second)
- Experience working with data-sets in an academic environment
- Demonstrated aptitude for statistics, with a clear interest to learn more
- Exposure to one or more programming languages (any language acceptable). Experience with R and/or Python and/or SAS/WPS is desirable but not essential
- An outgoing people person, who enjoys discussing their ideas and their work with others
- Rapidly produces clear and concise written work
- Collegial and collaborative; carries out fair share of work; consistently adds creative, insightful ideas; meets all deadlines; demonstrates ability to lead and motivate others
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate good teamwork skills and an ability to work in a deadline driven environment. They will have technical skills to add value to the team quickly. They will be able to communicate very effectively in both written and oral settings. Finally, they will through enterprise, academic or other activity have demonstrated a natural commercial bent, which translates into a 'get it done' attitude.
Native-speaker level Chinese and excellent English.