Undergraduate Internship application
Join OC&C for an 8-week summer internship, from June – August, and you will be given a real insight into the world of strategy consulting. Following a week of learning about the consulting toolkit you will be assigned to a live project. This will give you the opportunity to work alongside our consultants to support the delivery of strategic advice to clients. The project could be within any of our sectors and you will gain insight across a range of strategic questions and problems.
- In penultimate year of an undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- A UK Tier 4 visa if applicable
- Excellent academic background; you are currently achieving a high level of academic achievement at University from any degree discipline
- Problem solving and analytical skills – we look for a natural curiosity: our consultants are intrigued by new ideas
- Enjoyment of working within a team environment – helping others in the best way that you can
- Communication and interpersonal skills so you are able to communicate very effectively in both written and oral settings
Professional approach and attitude
When does your Summer Internship vacancy open?
This vacancy opens on our website in early October. The deadline for applications is mid-January. We can only accept applications submitted through our online portal.
Do you offer work experience outside of your formal programmes?
As we offer a full range of formal programmes for all levels we do not offer additional work experience outside of this.
I would like to apply for the internship, but I am not in my penultimate year of study, can I still apply?
Our undergraduate summer internship scheme is open only to those students in the penultimate year of their undergraduate or postgraduate degree. Unfortunately, this also excludes anyone that is in the final year of their first degree but going on to do a Masters. Our aim is to provide candidates with a first-hand insight into the consulting world.
At the end of which we would typically make full time Associate Consultant offers to those who have performed well. These candidates would then become ambassadors for OC&C using their university knowledge in supporting our recruitment activities and events on campus.
What criteria do you use to judge CVs and in considering applications?
CVs should be 1-2 pages long.
We judge CVs against three criteria:
- Intellectual horsepower: we need the brightest people to tackle the most difficult questions, so applicants need to demonstrate consistent academic excellence.
- Extracurricular interests: those who have a natural curiosity and are willing to take on responsibility outside of their academic life.
- Commercial awareness: we look for people who can demonstrate their commercial flair whether through work placements, their own ventures, or otherwise.
How do I know if my application was submitted successfully? When should I expect to hear a response?
All applications must be submitted via our website. You can expect to receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of submitting your application. If you do not receive an application, please reach out to us.
Do you recruit on a rolling basis?
No, we don’t, we will review application results and decide who will invite to online test after the close date of the vacancy. You can expect to receive feedback within 3 weeks of the closing date. If you don’t hear from us following this – please reach out to us.
I wasn’t successful in my application, when can I reapply?
Unfortunately, we are unable to consider applications made within a year of previous applications.