Keep calm and play on: The rise of Digital Leisure
Perspectives on the growth of Digital Leisure and the characteristics of a winning modelTuesday 21 April 2020
There are a number of key questions for businesses looking to succeed in this space
Key questions for leisure operators:
- Which customer groups are you targeting and what are their specific needs from a digital solution? What is the problem you’re solving for?
- How is your proposition differentiated versus generalist user generated platforms such as YouTube? What’s your right to win and how can you enhance this?
- How can you use data and machine learning to enhance the user experience and improve content curation?
- How do you foster a user community and encourage healthy interactions and even competition amongst the user base? How can you link in with other digital / social communities?
- How can you link in with the physical world either through your own physical space or through partnerships with others?
- What are your options for monetisation, and what is the right pricing strategy? Are there creative incremental revenue streams from a supply side that could support the economics?
OC&C Contacts:Read publication
COVID-19 - crashing car rental
It seems hard now to believe that just a few weeks ago major car rental companies were announcing record results for 2019
Key routes to value creation in global travel, hospitality and leisure in 2020
As we enter 2020, we continue to see strong interest and activity across a number of key leisure trends – and a number of highly attractive assets that are successfully playing into these themes to drive growth