Retail is one of OC&C’s longest-standing strengths –as recognized by our team achieving the highest possible score in the Financial Times' UK Leading Management Consultants 2018. We collaborate globally to serve clients of all varieties and sizes, from multinational grocery giants through to nascent online category specialists:
- Our grocery team partners with market leaders in the UK and around the world to deliver strategic, transformational, and operational projects. Our clients tell us they see us as their 'go to' thought partner for the key strategic and commercial issues they face.
- In apparel, we bring experience from across the value chain to help retailers successfully address consumers' rapidly evolving expectations. By taking a holistic view of proposition and supply chain, we deliver recommendations tailored to both client and customer.
- Multi-category: We work together with 'big box' retailers and department stores to tackle the key questions facing senior management. Our experience covers a broad spectrum of questions including Category Strategy, Operating Model Re-Design, and International Expansion.
- Specialty & Luxury: We have deep expertise across the broad spectrum of categories within retail, ranging from Discount to Luxury, and from Juvenile to Pets.
- Disruptive Digital Models: Routes to market are changing fast: platforms, social shopping, and direct to consumer are core concepts today that were rarely mentioned ten years ago. We work with retailers to better understand customer needs and missions, and use this to design routes to market and operating models, which deliver real competitive advantage.
The retail landscape has changed immeasurably in recent years driven by a rapidly evolving channel landscape, rapid swings in global and local economies, and increasing globalization of the consumer. Against this rapidly evolving backdrop our customer-centric approach, robust analytical mindset, and dedication to working in partnership with senior management have never been more relevant.
We bring an unparalleled understanding of the customer, and a determined, analytical mindset to deliver results together with retailers globally
A perfect fit
The global market for apparel presents both challenge and opportunity. To be a winner, a brand must plot an ever more careful path: there is little scope to get it wrong
Zdobywać serca i umysły
OC&C Retail Proposition Index 2018 już po raz siódmy rzuca światło na czynniki, które pozwalają osiągnąć najlepsze postrzeganie sieci przez konsumentów. W tym roku zwracamy szczególną uwagę na emocjonalną stronę zachowań zakupowych Polaków - częściowe odejście od stuprocentowego pragmatyzmu w zakupach na rzecz kierowania się bardziej emocjonalnymi wyborami, takimi jak zaufanie do marki czy utożsamianie się z jej wartościami.
Czas na działanie
The Global 50 report is our annual snapshot of the world’s 50 largest FMCG businesses. Now in its 16th year, it is the go-to source for the statistics and big themes that shape the sector
Bridging the trust gap
After a three-year slowdown in 2013-2015, the China luxury market is back on a solid growth trajectory
The first rule of disruption
At the annual OC&C and Financo Retail CEO Forum, we heard first-hand how retail sector 'disruptors' think about the changing shape of the industry
Partnering to win in retail's digital age
For the last three years we have been living in the era of M-commerce: smartphones now represent over 50% of all online retail transactions and retail search queries across the UK, France and Germany
Overall retail LFLs were up by 1.0% in Christmas 2016 (as measured by the BRC average) — after 4 years of broadly flat LFL growth. Footfall also held up much better than the previous year (slipping by only 0.2% in December 2016 versus 2% in 2015).
Overall retail like-for-likes were broadly flat in Christmas 2015, continuing the trend of the previous 3 years
Serving it up
After another eventful year in retail, the publication of OC&C's Proposition Index provides an opportunity to reflect on the impact on the UK consumer and their rating of the country's leading retailers
Closing the gap
This is the fifth year we have carried out the International OC&C Proposition Index, a major piece of consumer research measuring shopper attitudes and perceptions towards the world’s leading retailers. Consumers were asked to rate the retailers they had shopped on the strength of their overall proposition, and then to score the key elements of that proposition (Price, Range, Service, etc). These results are then used to compile a ranking of consumers’ favourite retailers from across the globe
Flat out or out flat
The UK economic recovery may be continuing (and wages finally growing faster than inflation), but from a retail Christmas trading perspective progress was uneven. At an aggregate level, overall December retail sales were down 0.4% on last year - and looking back at previous years' performance there has been virtually no aggregate like-for-like growth in overall Christmas retail sales since 2011.
Standing out from the crowd
The speeds of change in China's political, social, technological and economic environments have made generational shifts much more pronounced than other countries. Understanding China's youth is therefore critical to the understanding of the future of China's consumer economy