What you need to know about China eCommerceWednesday 29 August 2018
It is NO longer news that China eCommerce is sizeable, growing fast and becoming a new avenue for growth in China. However, the recent FT article on China internet statistics is still a refreshing reminder of the magnitude and characteristics of China's eCommerce market.
Here are six characteristics you need to know about China eCommerce:
- It's not only the largest, but also the most "local" eCommerce market in the world -- it has its own digital ecosystem
- It is driven by a younger and better educated new generation of Chinese consumers
- Mobile is prevalent and it is triggering a wave of new innovation
- It is eCommerce leaders like Alibaba and Tencent who are driving the retail innovation in China, from online to offline
- Innovation is also spreading from consumer to business-to-business service and wholesale/distribution
- Lastly, media is changing quickly in China -- social media is converging with video and games
Are you ready to capture the China eCommerce opportunity?